We know it’s all too easy to get caught up in the responsibilities of life. Between working, taking care of the kids, spending time with bae, making sure the house is clean, and making sure the pets get plenty of love, too many people neglect to take care of the most important thing in their lives: themselves.
Self-care comes in many forms: physical, mental, emotional and social. Today we're talking about emotional self-care.
Emotional self-care may include activities that help you acknowledge and express your feelings on a regular basis.
Here's 5 steps to emotional self-care.
1. Make attempts to manage and reduce stress in your life.
2. Spend time with friends, family and others who make you feel good about yourself.
3. It's important to make time for fun and leisure, especially when you're stressed
4. Know when you're feeling overwhelmed and don't be afraid to seek professional help.
5. Encourage and validate yourself by saying something affirming to yourself.